Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day! I awoke with a pink rose by my pillow. Great job, Ryan!

Molly has been busy "crawling" backwards. She spends a lot of time on her belly and ends up pushing herself backwards. I don't think she realizes that she's doing it. My dad just screwed her shelf to the wall, so it is safe for her to play near it. I turned her toy box on its side so she could pull the toys out. She started on the far right by the doll. Look where she ended up!

"Uh oh! What did I do?!?"

"Yeah! Look what I did!"

Have a happy Valentine's Day! I love the poetic beginning of 1 Corinthians 13 (the love chapter in the Bible... Love is patient, love is kind, etc.). The first three verses are:
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

What a beautiful reminder that what we accomplish is never as important as how well we love. You can read the whole chapter online by clicking here.

No comments: