Monday, September 14, 2009

Random Thoughts

  • We are potty training today. Molly is good about using the potty when I ask her at the right time, but she's not good at telling me when she needs to go. She's had two accidents in her Elmo panties and three successful pees on the potty. (She drank a lot of water this morning!)
  • It has been cooler and rainy for several days here. We got caught in the rain while out jogging this morning. Oops! Molly stayed mostly dry under her canopy, but I was pretty wet.
  • I'm thankful for the rain which was needed. It also helps us save on our utilities- no running the sprinklers or AC.
  • The cooler weather means that it is hot chocolate season (and hot tea and coffee!). We enjoyed some Abuelita this morning. If you don't know what this is, you need to check it out! (Click here.)
  • I love the drive home from Central Market via 30 and 199. This route passes through several very diverse neighborhoods. The upper class yuppie Chapel Hill shopping center, the downtown/hospital district, the Northside (Mexican town), Lake Worth (redneck-ville) and our little section of suburbia.
  • Molly loves to help push the buttons on the microwave. She has learned the number zero very well because we use it a lot. I'm going to have to start cooking things for unusual amounts of time- 44 seconds, 1 minute and 38 seconds, etc. so she learns a variety of numbers.
  • I'm off to quickly update my cooking blog- emilycooksintexas.blogspot.com !

No comments: