Tuesday, January 26, 2010

White Horse

This is the first of my dad's birthdays that he's spending in heaven.  (He would have been 68 today.)  Molly and I headed out this morning to spend some time with my mom and brother - and to eat catfish in honor of Dad!  Shortly after leaving our house, Molly began throwing an abrupt and intense tantrum.  Trying to distract her, I pointed out the cows on the right-hand side of the road.  In turn, she told me that there were horses out the window.  I looked to the other side and saw several horses in a beautiful field (I've written about this sight before.)  There were horses of many colors and a couple gray burros, too.  As we continued driving, Molly said, "There's a white horse!"  I didn't recall seeing a white one.  I asked her if anyone was on the horse.  She said, "Yes."  "Who's on the white horse?"  I inquired.  "Papa.  Papa's on the white horse.  Papa's on the white horse."  I asked if he looked strong and happy.  She said, "He's feeling better!" 

While I'm sure that much of this image was in Molly's imagination, maybe it wasn't.  Maybe God gave her a glimpse of her beloved Papa doing something he fully enjoyed.  He did use the words of a toddler to increase my faith and show me His love on this day of remembrance. 

I'm thankful today for my two Fathers in heaven.

4 comments:

Cortney @ evanhaslanded.com said...

Love it!! Wow!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Awesome! Glad you had this wonderful experience today on your Dad's birthday! Molly is a special little girl.

Kate Kelly said...

Emily what an amazing experience.....you gave me goose bumps!!! Molly will cherish this story when she gets older.