Thursday, April 29, 2010

Music Therapy

The radio was playing while I was filling the dishwasher and Molly was playing with a book.  I didn't know what station I was listening to, when I heard a female voice singing about a hospital bed.  Molly started talking to me while I teared up.  I don't want to hear songs that cause grief to emerge, but I was straining to hear the words.  I heard some other lines about this world not being home and seeing God.  Molly was still chattering away while I cried.  The song ended, and I realized it was a country station.  I switched to a Christian station to continue my music therapy.

I grieve the most when I'm listening to music.  It is heart-wrenching and comforting at the same time.  I'm sure you can relate.  I worship God and fully experience pain and healing together.  Then I heard "Your Grace is Enough" by Chris Tomlin.  It reminded me of 2 Corinthians 12:9,10:  My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness... For when I am weak, then I am strong.  I have to hit the lowest of lows in order to heal and move on.  Thank you, God, for making me stronger through my weakness.

No comments: