Sunday, March 4, 2007

House Church

I went to house church tonight. We always meet at someone's house and eat a meal together. We then have a discussion about God's word, pray, and take communion together. Our purpose is to live as children of Christ in community.

We try to do the following each week:
Bless several people inside and outside of our group by encouraging or helping
Eat together with people inside and outside of our group
Listen to God for an hour of silence every week.
Learn something new to share with the group.
Share the message of Christ with someone.

This list is not about being legalistic, but about changing our belief system by establishing a set of behaviors. I'm being blessed by our group this week! Ben and Adam just stopped by to scoop Kit Kat's poop! I'm not allowed to, and Ryan is out of town. Gail is having me over for dinner so that I don't have to eat alone! Thanks for being a blessing to me! It is very hard for me to ask for help, but I'm learning.

No comments: