Wednesday, August 15, 2007

101 degrees

Here's a pic of me about two weeks ago. I haven't gained any weight in the past four weeks, but I have gained about 30 pounds overall. I tried putting on some of my pre-preggo pants, and they won't fit over my thighs! I'm going to get a couple things a little bigger than my normal size to wear for a few weeks!
This is the dresser that my parents helped me refinish. We're using it for baby stuff as well as a changing table. We're well-stocked with diapers. We'll need them!!!!

It is 101 degrees today. The Texas summer arrived a week or two ago. The sky is huge here. The landscape is beautiful! Sometimes I drive over the top of a hill and come face to face with miles of tree topped hills. I know you all want to see it, too. Come visit us!

I had my 39 week appointment this morning. There have been no changes in two weeks- still only 1 cm dialated. I guess I am a typical first time mom. We're anticipating that she'll be a little late!

I'm going to the first match today for Ryan's volleyball team. To put it gently, this is a rebuilding year (or maybe a building from scratch year). His goal is for the team to score some points! His team nickname is Scorpions, and their colors are black and silver.

In order to put my focus on the Lord and to be a better wife, I'm reading Ephesians 5 outloud every day. It is full of some really great truths. It starts out, "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." What a great reminder of God's love and our appropriate response!

No comments: