Wednesday, August 29, 2007

In His Time



These are some pix of the beautiful evening sky behind the house where we're staying.

God is sovereign to appoint the time of birth. We have tried pretty much EVERYTHING to start my labor, even castor oil. It was very effective as a laxative, but not as a labor inducer! The baby is just not ready to be born yet. I am 41 weeks pregnant today. The doctor determines a due date which is at 40 weeks. However, babies are considered full term anywhere from 38 to 42 weeks. It is thought that the baby releases a protein to start labor when her lungs are fully developed. Some just aren't ready to be born until 42 weeks. Both of my mom's babies were born at 42 weeks or later. Julia, my doula, reminded me that we shouldn't have a due date, but a "due month". My due month would be August 8-September 5.

I'm just praying that I don't have to be induced. It is not good to go past 42 weeks. I have an induction scheduled for next Tuesday. I'll go in Monday night to get started on cervadil to soften the cervix. Then, Tuesday morning they'll break my water. As a last resort, the doctor will put me on pitocin. But, I'm praying for the baby to come before this weekend! It would be nice to have a long weekend with Ryan.

I have been feeling really good. It doesn't seem real that I'm going to have a baby. I'm starting to think that pregnancy will just be my permanant condition! I haven't gotten any bigger in a few weeks, and I'm pretty much able to do everything I want. This morning I jogged a mile, worked in the yard doing a little mowing and weed wacking, and then went for a swim. I've been leisurely using the computer on my parents' back patio for about an hour now. I better savor my life of leisure while I'm still able!

No comments: