Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm a Winner!

Before this weekend, the last time I called in to a radio contest was in my teens.  Yesterday, I was just pulling into our subdivision when I heard the DJ on KLTY announce that the seventh caller would get a Family Four Pack of tickets to Sesame Street Live.  When I grabbed my phone, I noticed that my mother-in-law was calling me.  After several seconds of ignoring the call, pulling my car over, finding the radio station number in my recent calls (I had tried to call Saturday), and hitting send, I heard the phone ringing.  The man that answered asked me, "Are you excited?"  I was the winner!  I really think that Molly will like it; I hope that the tickets are good.  So, I learned that it isn't necessary to call immediately after a contest is announced.  It was probably 45 seconds after I heard the announcement before I actually called. 

No comments: