Saturday, September 15, 2007

Life with the Kelly's

Ryan went back to work on Wednesday. Right now, his job is much more stressful than mine. He has 12 hour days of inner city teaching and coaching. He was out for the baby's birth for three days. He has my empathy. I know that first year teaching is very difficult, especially when a sub covers your classes for several days. Molly and I pray for her daddy throughout the day, especially in the early morning when he's driving to work and from 8:35 to 1:15 when I know he's teaching. After 1:15 he has lunch, his planning period, and volleyball. The last period of the day all of the volleyball coaches run a practice session with many of the players. Many athletes have an athletic period during the school day. His day ends anywhere from 6 to 9 depending upon when practice is over and whether he has a meeting or volleyball match.

His team had a great week. They won their matches on Tuesday night and Friday night. This morning they won their first match in a tournament. One of his starters was out this morning. These were their first wins, and so everyone is excited. Molly and I made it out for the tournament this morning. I want to get out and do things, but I want to protect her from too many germs also. We went to the 8:00 match, and there were not many people in the stands yet.

The baby is very content. She is eating and sleeping really well. I'm praying that she will continue to have a spirit of joy and peace. I have not had any baby blues yet. I'm praying that my emotions would continue to be stable! Ryan is hoping for that, too! We're hoping that the honeymoon isn't ending soon!

Molly had a couple appointments at the pediatrician this week. They were just standard check ups and weight checks. On Tuesday she was down from her birth weight of 8 lb 5 oz to 7 lb 14 oz. By Thursday she was back up to 8 lb 3.5 oz. She is probably back to her birth weight by now.

I have been feeling a little weak. I lost a lot of blood at delivery and was closely monitored at the hospital. It is taking me awhile to feel strong. Molly is also taking a lot of my calories. She is a good nurser. I'm trying to eat a lot.

My parents have been helping us out a lot. They've been helping with laundry, ironing, meals, and lawn mowing. I'm so thankful! Our friends Julie and Brian also brought us a meal this week. Julie is going to be induced with her baby this Friday. Molly will have a little playmate!

No comments: